We would like to officially invite you all to participate in the 2018 Kelowna Kata & Kumite Cup Series.
Registration here: https://www.trackie.com/
online-registration/event/kelo wna-kata-kumite–cup-series/ 21405/
When: April 7th, May 5th & June 9th.
April 7th Quigley Elementary
705 Kitch Road Kelowna BC
May 5 June 9th Rutland Senior Secondary
– 705 Rutland Road North, Kelowna
– 900 m north of the RHKA dojo
This tournament is an unique experience for all dojos in the Okanagan and beyond. It is an entry-level point for athletes, dojos, officials and volunteers to become involved and explore competition in a friendly & supportive environment. For those looking for higher level competition, we have that too with Karate BC Team athletes and Team Canada athletes competing in several of the older divisions.
Through competing at the three events, everyone is given the opportunity to try new techniques and strategies and have a full month until they can test them in a ring again. Officials have an opportunity to grow and learn from some high-calibre (National and Provincial) certified officials.
- All 3 events sanctioned by Karate BC
- Youth and adult divisions (7 and under to adult)
- Team Kata
- Event will be scorecards, 15 & under division all belts, 16+ division all belts
- Teams can be mixed genders
- 3 people per team
- only top 4 teams get medals
- Kobudo (weapons)
- Top 4 athletes get medals
- Long and Short weapons in same group
- 15 & under division, 16+ division
- 3 full 10×10 rings available this year!!
- New larger venue!! for the May and June events!
The tournament format is still the same – focusing on development, time-on-mat, experience and enjoyment. Each age division will be split into groups of 4 (equal ability), who will compete in a round robin format thus guaranteeing that each competitor gets 3 kata performances, and 3 kumite matches. Each competitor will receive a medal in this series, in every tournament to promote growth and acknowledging effort.
The tournament continues to grow each with participants from throughout the Okanagan and Vancouver area.
This year all tournament dates are on Saturday we will have hotel information out shortly for those that are traveling from out of town.